Tuesday 29 December 2009

Multiplayer glitches and annoyances

1. A game's just finished and you're waiting for the little ticks to appear in the boxes but one player doesn't press ready. Who knows when he'll be back? The only way out of this screen is to leave multiplayer altogether so you have to wait for loading twice to get back to another game.

2. You jump into a GTA 4 race but it's already started and all you can do is 'spectate'. Not much fun, especially when the players show no intention of racing and it turns into an endless deathmatch!

Other glitches I've encountered: all players have ticked ready and the game doesn't start, or the countdown sticks at 1. And why on earth don't players realise when a game leader just isn't there? He gets a couple of kicks but there's no response. The player table fills up and it looks like it would have been a good game, but then people lose patience and leave.

I was getting a lot of disconnections recently and it was getting worse. Last night every game I started immediately threw me off, and even connecting back to the game provider was 'slow'. The game advised me to check my connection, so I did (PS3, wireless broadband). The problem could be my modem / router thingy. I tried "turning it off and on again". This did the trick and connection has been great since.

No comments:

Post a Comment